ZP3 Series Pumps
ZM Technologies offers a remarkable positive displacement pump with the ZP3 Series. The patented front-loading seal design of the ZP3 offers a fully CIP-able pump without requiring any modification and without a loss of efficiency. The front loading design allows the seal to be easily maintained or changed and the newly designed rotor case eliminates all dead zones.
Every ZM Technologies ZP2 pump includes the following features as STANDARD: 304 stainless steel gear case, stainless splash plate reducing damage to bearings from water intrusion during the wash-down process (this is a major cause of bearing failure), stainless bearing retainers, 17-4ph shafts, helical gears, 4-way mounting, threaded grease zerks, anti-microbial lube and gasketed stainless steel clean-out plugs. The ZP3 Series is EHEDG Certified and in conformance with 3A sanitary standards and the ATEX directive.
Existing ZP2 and competing models can be upgraded to a ZP3 design with new rotors, seals and re-machining the existing rotor case in as little as 2 weeks.
Whether you simply want to replace your existing ZP1 / ZP2 style pump or you prefer to upgrade to Ampco’s new ZP3 design with improved CIP-ability and ease of maintenance, Ampco’s ZP Series is the smart choice.
ZP3 SERIES ADVANTAGES
The ZP3 seal is designed to 3A standards and has passed the stringent EHEDG cleanability requirements. In addition to being fully “clean in place”, this seal can be serviced without the need to remove the rotor body and piping. Also, the front loading nature of the seal eliminates the “dead zone” in the shaft bore. Existing ZP2 pumps (and competitors’ pumps) can be upgraded to the ZP3 design with new rotors, new seals and re-machining the existing rotor case.
The ZP3 Series includes these exciting features:
- Front-loading seals are located closer to the product flow, offering improved CIP-ability with no disassembly required.
- Front-loading seals allow for ease of maintenance and reduced service time.
- EHEDG certified and in conformance with 3A sanitary standards and the ATEX directive.
- As opposed to our competitors’ similar pumps, this seal is a better balanced design which generates less heat and promotes longer seal life.
- Cover design maximizes exposure of the cover o-ring to the CIP fluid.
- Free drain design improves CIP-ability while maintaining maximum pump efficiency.
- CIP holes in rotor ensure turbulent flow to the cover hub.
- Elimination of dead zones in shaft bore improves cleanability and increases seal life.
- The ZP3 pump is mounted on a ZP2 gear case, including shafts, to maximize parts interchangeability.
- Existing ZP2 pumps (and our competitors’ similar pumps) can be upgraded to the ZP3 design with new rotors, new seals and re-machining the existing rotor case.
- New pumps can be reconditioned 2 to 3 times.
AVAILABLE RECTANGULAR FLANGE MODELS